Add a Contact Me Page (Form) To Your Blogger/BlogSpot Blog

Whether you have a personal or a commercial blog, one of the important pages which must be present on every blog is a "Contact Us/Me" page. It is through this page, that your visitors give you their suggestions, feedback and advise.

While you can create a simple "Contact" page, with your name and email ID, but to give it a more professional look, you must have an embedded "contact-me" form in the page. Although there are many websites, which allow to create and embed a fully customized form, but finally when the visitor clicks on the "Submit" button, s/he will be redirected to the contact-form provider's website...

But now you can use the FREE service from EmailMeForm, which not only lets you to create and embed the form [fully customized], but even the landing page (Thank You page) will be a page on your blog (a custom-made thank you page or your blogs homepage).

1. So first of all, you have to create a "Contact Me" and a "Thank You" page, [*Update: Use the recently started Blogger Static Pages method to create these two pages on your blog.
2. Link these pages from the top-menu or from the bottom (footer of your blog).
3. Then, register at EmailMeForm and create your first contact-form.
4. Finally copy and add the code to your contact-me page.

Check out the live example of this form, at my own "contact me" page !

January 23, 2009 2:26 PM delete

the html code can be added to the "contact me" tab?

January 23, 2009 2:47 PM delete

Well u can do it, but it looks better as a page !

March 18, 2009 4:45 AM delete

how do i create a 'page' on my blog?...coz,..i need to post the form on my blog right?...then,obviously,it would be shown on my homepage,how do i prevent the
'contact me' post from being shown on my homepage??

March 18, 2009 5:01 AM delete

Hi Zaeem,

As usual create and publish two new posts,
one as a contact me page,
and one as thank you page.

For both the posts, before you hit the publish button, change the publishing date to any older date (say, 20/12/08) so it would not appear on your home page. Then go that post, copy it's url and put the link in the top region of your blog.

March 18, 2009 5:03 AM delete

You will get the HTML code from emailmeform.com,
copy and paste that same code in the "Edit HTML" while writing your "Contact Me" post.

March 18, 2009 6:41 AM delete

thx a lottt for the reply sai,...ill surely do that!

April 08, 2009 2:49 PM delete

Thanks Dev,

But I still think, that mailmeform, being completely concentrated on making forms, gives a lot more convenient options to us !

Regards
Sai

Anonymous
May 07, 2009 6:59 PM delete

Hi,

The EmailMeForm appears way down on the page for me??

After ive gotten the code and pasted it into the html that is. This Form is just far down in my post.

Any Solutions?

Thanks!

May 07, 2009 7:45 PM delete

Give the page address dude...how can i give any advice without seeing the page/problem ?

May 26, 2009 6:30 PM delete

I'm having the same problem too. I pasted the HTML code into a 'contact me page' that I created at an earlier date, and when I went to publish my post, the form was halfway down the page.

May 27, 2009 5:11 AM delete

Just mailed you back 'southergurl'...hope that works for you.

May 27, 2009 12:37 PM delete

i got the same probleme as southern gurl ??

can u, divya, share the answer here please :-)

May 27, 2009 12:52 PM delete

In southerngurl's case, there were a number of <br/> before the first blank.....and each <br/> means a new line.....so just delete the unwanted new lines (<br/> 's)
that's it !

Regards
Sai

May 27, 2009 1:35 PM delete

thanks for for the fast answer but it's not working i will try latter.

here my contact me page

May 31, 2009 4:39 PM delete

i have created a new template and now it's working fine, thank u Divya

anas
August 22, 2009 11:04 AM delete

thanks for your advice

September 02, 2009 12:34 PM delete This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
October 28, 2009 5:31 AM delete

i created it for

its working

November 27, 2009 7:41 PM delete This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
November 29, 2009 2:00 PM delete

Be ware using emailmeform.com

November 29, 2009 2:19 PM delete

Why and what's the proof?
I have been using it for months...

val
December 06, 2009 9:57 PM delete

We are happy to announce a new management team at EmailMeForm.com!

EmailMeForm™ has long been a valued service that allows anybody to create functional web forms on any website. Unfortunately, the previous management had not invested in continual improvement to the EmailMeForm™ service throughout 2009. The lack of a solid working relationship between the past owner and the former head developer lead to a cold war that eventually forced the sale of the site to our dedicated hands.

Not surprisingly, the relationship problems continue to spill over even after the service has already been transferred over to new hands. The new management cannot heal these old wounds. We are already pulling long hours to take EmailMeForm™ to the next level. Most of these improvements are not readily apparent to you as we are working on renovating the foundations of the EMF house.

Regarding privacy issues and your form data: EMF will never abuse or sell this information to Third Parties. The previous owners, who may have copies of the database, are legally liable if this information is inappropriately used. Should an infraction occur, you can be assured that EmailMeForm™ will work toward a resolution.

For more information please visit us at http://www.emailmeform.com/#rogue

Happy Holidays and looking forward to 2010,

EmailMeForm™ Team

February 07, 2010 8:31 AM delete

how to create dropdown list in blog.......... help me out

February 09, 2010 1:21 PM delete

Hey guys,

We are new to the blogging scene, and we tried to add this email me form and got a bit stuck, as the form doesn't appear to look right, http://sarahjosecrets.blogspot.com/p/contact-us_09.html, any advice? We cannot remove the borders either, very stuck and need help?

February 10, 2010 9:36 AM delete

@Sarah-Jo

Wow, that's a beautiful blog template you have, specially the hanging menu on the left :)
BTW, I think your contact form is perfectly in its position and the borders aren't spoiling its look either.

February 10, 2010 9:59 AM delete

@Divya Sai

Thank you! :D!! You can download it from here http://templates.arcsin.se/quietude-website-template/.

The contact form is there, the only problem is, I can't seem to remove the gridlines of the table, any ideas?

Thank you!

February 10, 2010 10:07 AM delete

I think the top-row above the name-field doesn't solve any purpose, you may remove it, by deleting this code:

<table cellpadding="2" cellspacing="0" border="0" bgcolor="#FFFFFF"><tr><td><font face="Verdana" size="2" color="#000000"></font> <div style="" id="mainmsg"></div></td></tr></table>

February 10, 2010 10:48 AM delete

@Divya Sai

Ok done that, but still have visible gridlines around the table, no idea why, just can't seem to figure this out, and also the captcha box is not aligned to the text box on the right where you enter the characters. Maybe its my computer? Are you seeing visible gridlines? They're faint but ideally i'd like to remove them, or hide them, any other suggestions :D?

February 10, 2010 10:57 AM delete

You have this code in your blogs template:

table {
border:1px solid #DDD;
width:100%;
}

change it to this:

table {
border:0px;
}

February 10, 2010 11:13 AM delete

Ok done that, what next? :D thank you Divya for taking out your valuable time in helping us we really appreciate it :D

February 10, 2010 11:20 AM delete

okay, you have more borders in your template, change these too:

table tr {
border-bottom:1px solid #DDD;
}
table td,#content table th {
border:none;
padding:10px;
border:1px solid #DDD;
}

everywhere, change border to "0px;" from "1px solid #DDD;"

February 10, 2010 12:05 PM delete

Hi Divya,

We both just looked at the code and we aren't sure what you mean, we are not very good with this whole programming thing, we are worried if we do something wrong, could I copy and paste the code to you?

February 10, 2010 12:19 PM delete

okay, then simply find this code in your template:

table tr {
border-bottom:1px solid #DDD;
}
table td,#content table th {
border:none;
padding:10px;
border:1px solid #DDD;
}

and replace it completely with this code:

table tr {
border-bottom:0px;
}
table td,#content table th {
padding:10px;
border:0px;
}

February 10, 2010 12:28 PM delete

OK we've done that now :D the gride lines are gone from the table, but the message box is out of line, "Your Secret or Confession" is suppose to be in the middle of the text section on the left side, also the captcha box is out of line too.

Thank you for your help so far, anything we can do to help you back please let us know :D

February 16, 2010 11:38 AM delete

nice post, it works on my blog, or you can check it out guys, again nice post. really loved it,

Cebuano Blogger | SEO

February 22, 2010 12:54 AM delete

One question. If I really want the page which I have created in a back date to be indexed by google, is it possible. Will it not be against the rules for SEO of google.

Tina.

February 22, 2010 2:54 AM delete

No, it's not against SEO, dates are not so important for SEs, more important is the content on the basis of which we get backlinks.
But one problem in this method is that the page, although published witha backdate but it will certainly appear in the blog-feed,
so to avoid all this, the best way is to create a static page in Blogger:
Static Pages Are now Available On Blogger

June 21, 2010 12:04 AM delete

Hello Sai,

What I don't understand is, do we have to put the link to the Thank you page on the homepage? Is that neccessary?

I mean what is the purpose of the Thank you page?

I would expect that a Thank you page should be the message readers see once they contact you using the form. But in your post you haven't said how the thank you page is linked to the code from the EmailMeForm code so it pops up when someone leaves a message.

So I am now wondering how the thank you page fits in.

Moreover, I have scrolled through your site and I don't see any link to a Thank you page. That of the contact page I understand it. But Thank you page?

Please explain, since your post suggested that the URL links for both pages are added to our home page.

July 04, 2010 7:16 PM delete

Un abrazo desde Uruguay para ti, es este un excellent blog.

July 13, 2010 12:24 PM delete

Hi,
I'm having trouble with the 'thank you' page. I'm unable to make it so the user sees only my blog and not emailmeform. www.myfoldedtrees.com/p/contact-us.html

July 13, 2010 12:38 PM delete

Yeah there's some mistake in your target page (thank you page) URL/address.

First create a thank you page on your blog just as you have made your contact us page.

Go to your emailmeform account, "edit" your form, go to "Form Settings" and in the field "Confirmation Options", select "Redirect URL"
and in the blank below, paaste the address of your thank you page.
Save your form. Copy the new code and paste it in your contact us page.
That's it. Your form's ready...

August 04, 2010 8:15 AM delete

HIyas Divya,

I've installed the Contact Me and Thank You pages and they seem to be working great.

The only issue I seem to have is that my custom favicon changes over to the EmailMeForm favicon.

Is there a way to keep my favicon showing when going to the Contact Me and Thank You pages?

Thanx,

Zena :-)

August 04, 2010 10:27 AM delete

Hey Zena,

Simply delete this line from your code:

<link rel="shortcut icon" href="http://www.emailmeform.com/builder/favicon.ico" />

And your problem will be fixed.

August 04, 2010 11:59 AM delete

Thanx Sai,

I should have seen that!

Zena :-)

September 07, 2010 12:38 AM delete

Than you Thank you so much you all rock

October 11, 2010 10:09 PM delete

Thank you...love my form outlook

October 14, 2010 12:46 AM delete

Hello! i will try to add a contact and thank you pages in my off and on blogging, try to check if it is still works and I will come back to say thank you.

October 14, 2010 1:21 AM delete

Hello! it works and it is now in my blog, but I had doubts if the EMF server will be down what will happen to our contact us form. I will try how it will function. I haven't tried it yet. Thanks

October 14, 2010 6:16 AM delete

Well, if you see my contact page, you will notice that I have mentioned a point that "In case the contact form is not available (that means EMF server is down etc.), then mail me at two alternate mail addresses".

January 17, 2011 1:32 PM delete

thanks so much. easy and friendly contact me form

July 14, 2011 1:04 PM delete

Thanks! I used the one that you provided because of its very easy installation!

July 16, 2011 7:16 PM delete

Thanks I applied on my blog. Can you tell me how do I get a professional blogger Template. I am tired of implying blogger templates.

July 20, 2011 6:38 AM delete

despite your easy teaching i am not being able to do it. I copied the html code and now i dont know where to put. i already have a static page. i have put that page url in the edit html so that the page is displayed from a drop down menu. Now where should i put the form html code?

July 31, 2011 9:44 AM delete

Helpful post...was looking for such form but just couldnt find it..Thnx..

August 02, 2011 12:05 PM delete

I like this post. Hope for more tips on the next post

September 07, 2011 9:02 PM delete

I like this article, helps me a lot. Can you give me the Index Page ?? Or anthying about this. I already confused to make this index page.