New Customized Popular Posts Widget For Blogger

Recently I have posted an article on How to add a popular posts widget to your Blogger/BlogSpot blog. And the widget is being provided in three variations viz;
  • Post Title (**comments)
  • Post Title (**)
  • Post Title
where ** corresponds to number of comments. You can use any one of those styles.
But if you want to further modify the looks of the widget, something like the one shown below, then you have to modify the previous codes, as described below:

Here's the code for the above widget:

<div style="background:url(http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_4fVBL4fjrFI/SZXdcDPGZLI/AAAAAAAACOo/6eyr6jK9lCc/s1600/Yelo_Blk_Back2.jpg) no-repeat;">
PASTE POPULAR POSTS WIDGET CODE HERE
</div>
And other than that background you can use some small images too...

Code:

<div style="background:url(http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_4fVBL4fjrFI/SZXdwzMGmGI/AAAAAAAACPA/Pz9y6srGqnA/s1600/asd.png) repeat;">
PASTE POPULAR POSTS WIDGET CODE HERE
</div>
Or something like this:

Code:

<div style="background:url(http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_4fVBL4fjrFI/SZXdylUuVxI/AAAAAAAACPI/xGC4JUGMvrM/s1600/chaosback.gif) repeat;">
PASTE POPULAR POSTS WIDGET CODE HERE
</div>
For more background images, you can visit this post [70+ Background images for blogs], or you can manually search from Google Image search etc.

NOTE: Use repeat for smaller images and no-repeat for larger images !

July 05, 2009 1:17 PM delete

thank! http://alirizaeren.blogspot.com

July 15, 2009 2:33 PM delete

Your tuto´s so great and help me a lot.

Ypu know? how i change syles, (padding different for 1 to 10.

And add, no popular "title" but only (1one) "keyword" , it´s possible?

sorry my poor english

July 16, 2009 9:23 AM delete

Hi Rafael,

Can you please rephrase your sentences...your problem is not clear to me ...

Regards
Sai

February 21, 2010 9:07 PM delete

It seems like you keep on exploring new things for your readers ;)

Becky.

August 07, 2010 7:54 PM delete

thanks, your guide is awesome.but in post new-customized-popular-posts-widget-for ...could we change the no-of comment to no-of viewed?

August 08, 2010 3:15 AM delete

Hello there,
Yes that's possible. Instead of pasting the popular posts widget code, paste the code from this website: http://feedjit.com
That widget will show popular-posts based on the number of pageviews.

October 26, 2011 9:29 AM delete

Thanks for codes. I was looking it for ages..FInally found here.

November 04, 2011 10:54 AM delete

Hi. Your tutorial is very interesting. I got a little problem about the popular post.
Would you help me, please?
Sentence for his post is not popular in my blog comes up.
Please visit my blog at merahmarunluck.blogspot.com so you can see it and give a little of all this problem solving.
Thank you ..

November 04, 2011 10:57 AM delete

Hi. Your tutorial is very interesting. But, I've got a little problem about the popular post.
Would you help me, please?
Sentence for his popular post is not comes up in my blog.
Thank you ..