Show Selected Labels In Animated Blogger Flash Tag Cloud

Party is over and it is now time to unpack the gifts. So here comes your first gift from Blogger:
Official Tag Cloud Widget with additional options to display limited & selected labels and to show labels according to frequency instead of alphabetically.

May be you are not impressed by this one, as you already have the animated flash tag cloud embedded in your blog. BUT WAIT!
There's something for you too...

Many of you requested an easy way to remove unwanted labels from the animated tag cloud, and that is exactly where this new feature will help you.

Once you have added the animated tag cloud, you will see an additional widget (labels widget) in the Layout -> Page Elements page. So click on the "Edit" link of this widget.

Then in front of "Show" option mark the radio button "Selected Labels", now click on the small "edit" link and un-mark the labels which you want to remove from the tag cloud, and finally save it.

If you want to edit or completely remove any of your labels, then read this post.

Image credits: NotizBlog

Soufiane LeBlogger
August 26, 2009 11:28 AM delete

great, i am using it :-P

Jeevan Jacob John
August 26, 2009 3:02 PM delete

Gr8 work...Thanx to u and blogger...I was looking forward to meet new blogger features...

Brianpedro
August 26, 2009 4:25 PM delete

TQ Sai, i am using it and great new improvement on my blog. The only thing is that the flash version seems doesn't to be working. I've tried few times but still. It could be something with my blog but I will keep on checking and update u on the outcome. TQ

Reza Winandar
August 27, 2009 1:36 AM delete

But still, blogumulus by Roy Tanc and Amanda Fazani still more cooler than label cloud.

Reza Winandar from Blogger Make Money

Divya Sai
August 27, 2009 3:05 AM delete

Yeah...and this is the best way to remove clutter from that widget 8-)

Fun Evil
August 27, 2009 11:21 AM delete

nice coz i am serching for this from so many days

August 27, 2009 6:49 PM delete

Divya Sai, and everyone reading:

This comment is off-topic, but I wanted to express my thanks to Divya Sai publicly for the help he has given me...

Last Saturday I was having problems getting the coding correct when I tried to install a drop down menu on several (11) websites I am building. I won't link to those sites here as they are all very much still in beta.

Bloggerstop.net had provided the coding for the drop down menu ( http://bloggerstop.net/2009/03/new-multi-level-drop-down-menu.html ), and it had been working perfectly until hotlinkfiles.com had gone down for a few hours.

I used the contact form here at bloggerstop.net to ask for some advice, and I can't say I was even expecting a reply (here in 21st Century Britland good manners are so rare, we no longer expect to witness them).

To my surprise and delight, I very soon received a reply from Divya Sai whose advice was invaluable; we exchanged several mails over the next few hours, as a result of which the drop down menus worked perfectly on all 11 websites and in the four most popular browsers (IE FF Opera, Chrome - the only four I use).

Divya Sai, you are a STAR! and I am truly grateful to him for the help that he gave to me.

Martin Kearns
www.martin-kearns.com

$@!
August 28, 2009 8:04 AM delete

Hey man this is hack-genius.blogspot.com...i have an alexa rank of 183,000...so how can i increase my pageviews on my blog ...i get constatny 1700-2200pageviews now how i can i increase it...i get SE users...i have widgets to aatract people ...now what should i do.. how to get a rank below 50,000 quickly !

September 10, 2009 3:19 PM delete

I am unable to use selected label features in any of my two blogs. Even after selecting few labels all the labels are shown.

September 10, 2009 3:36 PM delete

Hello Manish,

Delete your present "Labels widget", then again click on "Add a gadget" in the "layout" page. Select it as "Labels Widget" and then adjust its settings and save it !

ali
October 12, 2009 11:58 AM delete

very nice for new user's ,

October 12, 2011 1:47 AM delete

I have labels in the Label List that are NOT in any post and they keep showing in the list. It's bothering cause I want to show a Label List on the blog and it keeps displaying these labels that I already remove from all posts. Would you know what the problem may be?