Following is a list of best ways to build backlinks to your blog:
- Submit your articles to good article directories such as Ezinearticles and
- Visit other blogs that fall in the same category as yours and make meaningful comments which helps in building relationship with fellow bloggers that goes a long way in getting more traffic to ones blog. (But remember NOT to spam other blogs)
- Another easy way is to make use of Web 2.0 properties such as Squidoo, Hubpages etc. to reach out to a larger audience. Those properties have lots of pages indexed by search engines already and your content is easily discoverable.
- Do guest posting on other blogs in your niche. This is an excellent way to build backlinks and authority at the same time.
- Keep the comments section of your blog active and respond to both positive and negative comments equally and in a timely manner.
- Make use of the various social forums and answer communities like Yahoo answers that people are on the look out for some information.
- Enrol your blog in blog carnivals that target the audience based on the theme of ones blog and this is a sure shot way to get loads of quality visitors.
- Make use of videos and upload them to video directories such as Youtube and other resources. Youtube has a very large audience base and authority, so you will get good quality backlinks. Include the link to your blog somewhere in the description of the video.
- Last but not the least try to have quality content that is original and unique it surely will capture the visitors attention.This is natural way of building links. People will start to link to your site because of your quality content.
A lot of bloggers usually do not have the patience to go through the processes that have been mentioned above to get the back links and resort to faster short lived foul means to get back links. Well the fact is that most of the search engines are smarter (getting smarter day by day) than any of us and their crawlers will easily catch bad links.
This will leave your back links valueless and you would have wasted your hard earned money and effort that will bear no results in the future. Given below are a few things that one should strictly stay away from in the process of getting back links:
- Do not ever try to get back links from any of the links farms available these days.
- Google considers links from the websites of link exchange communities as crap and assigns no value to it while ranking a blog.
- One of the worst things to do to kill your blog yourself is to buy backlinks.
- Do not make use of cheap article submission services that submit your article to Junk Article Directories.
- Last thing to remember is if you have multiple blogs do not try to link them to each other as it is viewed as two way by Google.
No one method to build links is the best. You have to find what suits best for you. But diversifying your link building efforts pay much. That is why you should try all of the above methods.
This is a guest post by Jane, who writes about Blogging Tips, Relationships and Self Improvement on her blog FindAllAnswers.com