And of course when using an image hosting website, the most important features we look for, are:
– Unlimited images hosting
– Proper image files management (in virtual online folders)
– Direct linking (hot linking)
– Most importantly, Unlimited allowed bandwidth
Now considering those requirements, and comparing the above listed websites, the final selection is :
The only disadvantage associated with Tinypic.com, is that they rename the files into some random numbers, which I initially thought, will make those pictures less search engines friendly, but then I realized that if the content in the posts is good, then the images can easily be detected by search engines, so if you are also looking for the same features as written above then you can easily go for this website and use them for your websites or in forums or social networking websites.
Moreover you can and must use alt tags with your images, so as to make the images more search engines friendly.
– The reasons for NOT selecting photobucket.com is because it does not provide unlimited bandwidth, rather after crossing the month’s limit, for rest of the days in the month, it displays a cheap message of “Get premium account” instead of the original images.
– Although imageshack.us provides an almost unlimited bandwidth (300 MB/hour), but the problem is that they have not given the facility to arrange the images in folders, which makes it all a complete mess.