Updated on 21st September, 2016: Although some sites mentioned here, like Zaparena, BlogExplosion and EntreCard no longer exist but rest of the advise given in this post is still valid. MGID still ranks much better than other traffic exchange websites.
Firstly, none of these websites guarantee any minimum amount of traffic to you. Secondly, visitors coming from these sites are mostly the registered members of these sites (although the number of members in these sites is very large but definitely limited). And finally, in almost all these networks only a dozen or so popular websites get maximum benefits (read traffic). Nowadays you can expect significant traffic from these sites only if you have a breaking news or something really bizarre.
So the next option to make your content viral is to use “manual” traffic exchange sites/widgets like LinkWithin,
BlogExplosion and EntreCard etc. where you have to manually visit other blogs, and in exchange other members of those sites visit your blog.
Again, even this system cannot promise traffic forever;
First of all, you have to visit other blogs, whether you are interested in doing so or not – a complete waste of time and sooner or later you will lose interest in doing that regularly. Secondly, the traffic coming from these sites is mostly non-targeted and they usually leave the website from the landing page itself, raising the blog bounce rate. And of course, this type of traffic exchange is also completely limited to the number of registered members.
These widgets show different content from various blogs/websites on your site (you can place the widget anywhere on the blog – at BloggerStop, it is there right below this post). The links are shown in the form of small windows with some text (titles). See the example below this post (widget from MGID).
If you send 100 visitors to other blogs via this widget, then in return, your posts will be shown on other blogs in a similar way and you will receive anywhere between 250-400 visits (150-300%).
Now, if you are ready to add this kind of widget to your blog, then you will find a number of websites (from MGID, Wahoha, 2Leep,
ZapArena etc.) offering exactly the same service with similar claims of around 150-300% traffic. But to make your job easier, I have already tried all of them and selected the best one for you.
The two main criteria of selection were:
1. The overall design of the widget and the title & picture selection (unique for each post submitted from the blog). A “Perfectly Cropped” image is the most important part of this whole system. As you know that ‘a picture speaks a thousand words’, so your picture has to be the most attractive one among others to receive maximum clicks.
2. The stats shown by by these traffic exchange sites must match with our records (Google analytics or StatCounter etc.), but unfortunately it wasn’t the case in almost all of them.
The widget I have selected for BloggerStop and which I suggest to my readers is the one from MGID.
Here are the some of the reasons for selecting MGID over others:
1. According to Alexa MGID is ranked one of the US top 500 most visited websites with more than 17 million unique visitors per month;
2. MGID has more than 3000 US partner sites. And they divide their partners/publishers posts into 30 different categories, so that their visitors come from similar websites/blogs.
3. MGID collaborates only with family-friendly, safe for work sites (no gratuitous or inappropriate adult content);
4. Recently their system was updated & optimized & the exchange ratio for most of their partners (publishers) has substantially increased. Therefore most of the publishers are now getting 200%-500% visitors back;
5. Their partners, who also use other similar services, have reported that their widgets are much more clickable. This means that their partners receive even more traffic in return.
6. Many of their partners receive from 5 to 15 page views per user; that’s called quality traffic;
7. MGID’s proprietary system filters provide a unique click ratio of close to 90%. This provides you with only the best traffic;
8. MGID works with blogs, media corporations, networks, and magazines etc. (e.g. AOL, Break Media);
9. With offices in Los Angeles, New York, London, Moscow, Kiev, and Shanghai, their highly experienced team can provide exceptional customer service 24/7.
So, join MGID, grab your widget code and paste it below your posts (recommended) or in the sidebar. Wait for a day or two, your posts will be visible across hundreds and thousands of blogs and you enjoy the traffic.
Image credits: PromotedProfits